Today marks the 2nd anniversary of Hands On Pilates, NYC! Anniversaries always inspire reflection on the time before and planning for the future. So let’s take stock together.
- As a business, Hands On Pilates, NYC has grown! I’ve added more hours to the schedule. New clients have joined the fold and friends from long ago have reconnected with their practice. Some of my clients have overcome injuries and others have mastered more advanced exercises (hello Tendon Stretch!) Wherever we start on any given day, we try to feel better by the end of the session. And that’s really all I ever ask or expect from my clients. Bring yourself to me on good days, bad days and everything in between. Pilates always helps you feel better, physically and emotionally.
- In my personal Pilates practice, I’ve continued to take weekly sessions/classes with the instructors who inspire me. I’m also making a commitment to other forms of exercise. What? Not just Pilates? That’s right. I’ve found another challenge. Rowing is my new exercise du jour. I take at least one rowing class a week. Believe it or not, it follows all six Pilates principals: Breath, Concentration, Centering, Flow, Precision & Control. Plus, it wipes me out. I sleep like a log after class. Let me know if you’re interested in adding this to your health regimen and I’ll give you all the details.
- Looking ahead for both the business and my personal practice, I have some exciting news to share. Along with the other practitioners at Oasis Healing Arts, I’ll be hosting a client appreciation day this spring. We’ll be providing complimentary services and serving wine & nibbles. Guests are welcome! Details will follow soon. Be on the lookout for an email in the next few weeks.
- Also, I intend to increase my continuing education. It’ll be an intense 7 month program. Think of a masters degree in Pilates! I’m very excited to enter this new chapter of learning. As clients, you’ll certainly see & feel the difference as I increase my knowledge. It’ll be an adventure for all of us. Again, more details to follow.
- I’m adding home sessions to my list of available services. These sessions are for those of you who are postnatal or recovering from injury. Please ask me if this is something you’re interested in.
As I’ve often said, I am so grateful to all of you for entrusting me with your fitness journey. I look forward to each of your sessions every week and hope we can continue to grow together. My clients become my friends and friends become like family. Thank you for your trust and support.
Cheers to moving forward & up!
Best in health,